A Pittsburgh Estate Auction Company
Here at BHD Auctions customer satisfaction is our top priority. Our goal is to effectively advertise and promote our auctions to attract the right buyers to the auction. Whether you have 1 item, an entire estate or a business that you need auctioned we are the company for you.
What is the first thing you should do if you have been put in charge of an estate or are getting ready to downsize? STOP! Don’t throw anything away! So many people make the mistake thinking they are helping out by disposing of some of the clutter, when in all reality they could be getting rid of some of the most valuable items in the home. Most of our clients are shocked when they find out what is valuable in the market today compared to what they think would be. So call us first and let the professionals show you what is valuable and what is not.
Why an Online Auction? Online auctions offer competitive bidding from buyers all over the world, where as Estate Sales only attract local area buyers. In an auction format the bidding determines the price meaning there’s no set limit as with an Estate Sale 1 person sets the prices and no 1 person knows the value of everything. Finally the sell rate (approx. 99%) is much higher in an online auction than in an Estate Sale.
How far will we travel? We have sold estates and collections from Ohio, New York, West Virginia and PA. We are well known in our surrounding counties of Allegheny, Butler and Beaver for selling entire Estates, Collections and Antique Items. We are best known for our photography and honesty of accurately describing our items since both of these are crucial when selling online, you need to make sure the buyer has confidence in the auctioneer and the item will be as described.
Photography is key in online auction sales
The phrase a picture speaks a thousand words couldn’t be more true when selling an item in an online auction. That’s why we strive to take the most professional photographs possible, with a photo area designed for small items and even a large area with a back drop for furniture. Quality is crucial, however the bidders need to see the whole item as well (front, back, top, bottom – 360 degrees) we average 2000 to 4000 photographs per auction to make sure the bidders know exactly what they are bidding on and our consignors know that we are presenting their items properly.
1. A representative from BHD will come and look at the items you are interested in auctioning. At that time, specifics details are worked out as to whether the auction can be conducted on site or must be moved to our location. If you choose to use our service, a Commission is agreed upon and a contract is signed.
2. If the sale is going to be held at our location the items will be picked up by BHD or in some cases the seller brings them to BHD.
3. Your items are cataloged and photographed.
4. Approximate date and time for auction are established and pictures are uploaded to multiple internet websites for advertising purposes.
5. Your items are auctioned off to the highest bidder!
6. Within 10 Business days after your auction, a check is mailed to you with a detailed listing of your items and what they sold for.
BHD Auctions will MATCH OR BEAT any Western PA Auction or Estate Sale companies quoted commission price. Never asking for money upfront, never any hidden fees, we charge a flat commission rate and a pickup fee when necessary. Give us a call to set up your free consultation today.